Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Service Desk/ Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Weekly Hours: 37hours per week. Mon-Fri 8am-4pm Friday 8am-3.30pm
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company is part of a small trust of catholic schools.
To deliver first class care and resolution of client’s requests (incidents) to ICT. Champion resolution of requests within other teams across Service Delivery. Working closely with the IT Manager and IT Technician.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide first and second line technical support to staff and services across the business, through a wide range of channels, including: online, telephone, face to face, IT drop in centres etc
- Undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of user incidents and issues which will range from general straightforward advice/first line fixes such as password resets to more complex technical incidents such as user account queries, printer faults and software/hardware faults
- Complete level 3 of the Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Microsoft Office skills in Word
A good communicator with excellent customer service skills a willingness to learn and an interest in IT.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.