Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title: Apprentice IT Engineer
Salary: £14,000.00 dependant on experience
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company provide businesses with dedicated marketing agencies. Specialising in being strategic and creative, they provide the full range of integrated marketing whilst being agile and adaptive to their clients needs. Thus, collaboratively identifying problems and effectively solving them for organisations around the world. If you are a candidate who wants a career with a creative, forward thinking company who value their staff, then this could be the place for you.
Brief job description:
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Junior IT Engineer is to provide first line support for all staff within the group of companies. The Junior IT Engineer is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, and in person
- Provide 1st systems support of users, Desktop, Laptop and Printer infrastructure.
- Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Patching of network and phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Support Mac OSX, Windows 10 and Windows 7 operating systems
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Enthusiastic self-starter and must have fluent written and verbal English communication skills
- Must be appropriately resourceful and a keen trouble-shooter
- Must have a professional attitude, good work ethic and efficiently pursue attention to detail
- Ability to work at any point in the specification and design part of the engineering lifecycle
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.