Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Infrastructure Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm (37.5 per week) Home Based for now
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Welcome from the team! We are a high-growth HR technology business operating with a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model. This company is a ‘best in class’ solution and helps over 1500 businesses manage employee time-off and absence efficiently. There are currently over 250,000 employees using the solution across 100 countries! We are incredibly proud of our client base. Our customers include Sony Music, Canon, Interserve, M&G, Lloyds Banking Group, ASOS and many more household name businesses and SMEs. This company is backed by a super-ambitious management team and following private equity backing in 2017 it was recognised as Nottingham’s 2018 SME business of the year.
Do you drive to pursue a career in IT? We are on the hunt for a motivated individual with a passion for tech to join our busy technology team as our IT Infrastructure Apprentice. With training and support throughout your apprenticeship, you will gain valuable skills that will allow you to flourish in your IT career. Working alongside our Head of IT and Information Security, you will be a crucial point of contact and support for our internal users, be responsible for IT onboarding activities for team members, and take on administration duties for our internal systems.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Being a key point of contact for all internal IT support – managing and
- responding to support queries, escalate queries when necessary.
- Providing hardware and software support to local and remote users.
- Staff onboarding activities- including user provisioning, hardware configuration, granting permissions in active directory, office 365 and Azure.
- Phone system administration – creating accounts for new starters, manage call groups.
- Web server administration (Linux – Centos, LAMP) – learning to install and configure, manage and troubleshoot Linux based web servers hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Centralised anti-virus administration and management – monitoring virus scan logs and remove found instances of virus infections.
- Printer Management – troubleshooting printer issues as they arise and help staff to use the secure print feature.
- Supporting our Head of IT and Information Security with various IT projects.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Be driven to pursue a career in IT.
- Be interested in expanding IT knowledge.
- Have an interest in computer hardware and software.
- Be self-motivated and determined to learn.
- Be a great communicator, both written and verbal.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
- Training and support in all aspects of the apprenticeship.
- An opportunity to make a real impact in a small but growing, entrepreneurial company.
- A genuinely friendly and social working environment.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.