Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title: IT Apprentice
Employer: UK Cloud
Full adress: A8, Cody Technology Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, GU14 0LX
Weekly Hours Worked: 9am-5pm
Salary: £14k per annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
UKCloud, the multi-cloud experts. We are dedicated to exclusively helping the UK Public Sector, delivering more choice and flexibility through safe and trusted cloud technology. Since our inception, we have disrupted the market by producing innovative cloud solutions to meet the ever-evolving needs of the UK Public Sector. We’re proud to have helped the sector save millions of pounds, delivering improved citizen services whilst supporting the growth of the UK digital economy. Our mission is to deliver better outcomes for the UK taxpayers, by transforming the way IT is delivered, using secure Multi-cloud platforms.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with UK Cloud a cloud services company in Farnborough.
Are you keen to enhance your IT experience and join our brand new Apprenticeship scheme?
Our apprenticeship programme provides work experience, training (both through UKCloud and our training provider) and an opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, award-winning cloud company.
We are partnering Estio Training. The apprenticeships are offered as a 15-month fixed-term contract. Successful apprentices will have an opportunity to become a permanent member of the UKCloud team.
Working as an IT Apprentice, you rotate around our customer technical teams. During your apprenticeship we are open for you to work with other teams in line with your apprenticeship training; all of this can be discussed within your 1-2-1’s.
Please note that your application will be forwarded to Estio who are partnering with us to deliver our Apprenticeship programme.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer issues and activities
- Undertake work including the checklist activities, check and respond to relevant emails and tickets, track progress of calls and assist with general systems administration.
- Communicate directly with customers (internal and external) to record, progress and resolve issues that they may be experiencing when using their services.
- Collation of data and creation of reports to support the key functions of Availability, Capacity Planning, Release & Deployment, Security and Problem Management
- Accurately update tickets and respond correctly, ensuring that communication (verbal and written) is clear
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical or other ‘how-to’ information in the Customer Knowledge Centre and internal Support Wikis
- Learn and adhere to published processes, policies and procedures for the management of incidents, requests and changes
- Working closely with other teams in the business to learn the essentials of delivering high availability services and developing technical understanding of multi-tenancy and highly scalable solutions
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft products (Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach; able to prioritise
- A strong interest in IT; able to evidence this interest outside of education
- Be open and show enthusiasm to undertake other tasks and responsibilities as required for self-development and help to ensure the successful operation of the company where flexibility is paramount
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated to continually learn and improve
- Good GCSE qualifications (particularly English, Mathematics and IT)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.