Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Job Title: IT Apprentice
Employer: Castleford Academy
Full Address: Castleford Academy, Ferrybridge Road, Castleford, WF10 4JQ
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Salary: £4.15 per hour
Please contact Tom at Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Castleford Academy are a part of a Multi Academy Trust consisting of two secondary schools, one primary school, one junior school and an infant school. The high school is committed to creating an environment that will best support the current and future development of its students. As such, you will be working as part of a supportive and high performing team that deliver results.
We are searching for a driven individual to work alongside the senior members of the IT Team with the aim to gain job specific skills, whilst also studying towards becoming a qualified IT Solutions Technician. You will be constantly liaising with the IT team, working from the main office to deal with IT related calls, offering guidance and advice to initial problems with IT infrastructure and software.
The right individual for this position will be very well organised having a planned approach to workload, using initiative to complete tasks at hand. Being a role model for students and upholding the values of the academy is highly important. Working within a high performing team, a positive attitude and a ‘can do’ approach to work is essential.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Undertake duties as directed in accordance with school practices and procedures, ensuring you uphold and promote the vision and values of the school.
- To work from the main office taking IT related calls.
- Logging calls onto relevant database.
- Offer ‘quick fix’ guidance if appropriate to fix the specific problem, if unresolved relay problem to IT Systems Development Leader to delegate work within the team.
- Liaising with IT team.
- Intranet development.
- Assist the Teacher in Charge of VLE & the IT Systems Development Leader with VLE admin tasks and VLE program development.
- Monitor pupils and staff usage on network, e.g. websites being visited etc.
- Support departments in the production of online resources.
- Provide support to the reprographics department.
- As individuals’ skills develop, they may be required to support IT team on tasks.
- Other appropriate technician duties under supervision and as requested by the IT Systems Development Lead.
- Be committed to undertaking the advanced apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- (Desirable) A higher qualification within an IT related subject.
Skills Required (Essential/desirable skills, knowledge and Qualifications):
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of software and hardware
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong numeracy/literacy skills.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- Able to support the IT department in providing an efficient and effective service.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team.
Desirable: Committed to undertaking the apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.