Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: Full time
Salary: Minimum Apprentice Wage Depending on Age
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 0113 350 0333
About the company:
This company is a successful organisation of Academy schools in the North of England. Through a great education we are changing the lives of young people across the North of England. Built on the same principles as all the offices across the world, they work with academies to empower teachers and young people to work together for a better education and a better community. The Coop Academy Trust have primary, secondary, sixth-form and special academies in Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Staffordshire and The Wirral
You will work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge required for an ICT Apprentice and complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification.
Your primary job function will be: working with all technical and administrative aspects of the ICT provision, ensuring an efficient, effective and proactive service to the users, supporting the overarching aim of continuous school improvement whilst keeping the school at the forefront of ICT.
The role will be expected to resolve and provide services to customers under direction and supervision, while exhibiting a strong customer service ethos.
The apprentice will focus on hardware, software and various IT process areas in the service in order to gain a breadth of knowledge and skills which should allow them to apply for positions at the end of the apprenticeship.
The focus will be on learning about technologies, methods, and acquiring skills and proficiency, whilst providing some additional capacity to the team
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide support for the operational running of the IT network infrastructure and IT resources within the site.
- Provide efficient 1st line support for incidents and escalation to 2nd line and third parties when required.
- Administer the IT Helpdesk system, actively monitoring, recording, prioritising and updating incidents.
- Provide support for the provisioning and maintenance of organisational directories including Active Directory, G Suite and Identity Management Systems.
- Responsible for maintenance of hardware including workstations, laptops, printers, projectors, interactive whiteboards and audio systems on a day to day basis.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment within the site and equipment shared with Students (as appropriate)
- Liaise with suppliers regarding supply and resupply requirements.
- Encourage and promote “Best Practices” to users of ICT.
- Facilitate technical requirements for assemblies and events.
- Supporting and educating users on G Suite capabilities and collaboration tools (Gmail, Drive, Classroom, Docs and Hangouts etc).
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word and Excel or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to meet the entry requirements of the level 3 course attached to this apprenticeship and to attend and undertake the studying and coursework required to complete the course.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs OR a level 2 Apprenticeship qualification.
- Experience of working with others.
- Experience of organising own workload in a work environment or a social/personal environment.
- Desire to develop analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire to develop decision making skills
- The ability to work on own initiative or without supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to manage completion of portfolio documentation.
- Developing the ability to work under pressure and be flexible where needed.
- Understanding of Google Mail, Google Docs and Google Classroom
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the companies values and principles, and the Ways of Being.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.