Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Title: IT and Network Support Technician Apprentice
Company: Craggs Energy Limited
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Salary: £9,000 to £12,000 DOE
Location: Cragg Vale (Halifax) HX7 5TT and Padiham (Burnley) BB12 8DF depots
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
At Craggs Energy we supply Kerosene (Heating Oil), Gas Oil (Red Diesel), DERV (White Diesel) and a wide range of Industrial Fuels and Lubricants to homes, farms, businesses and public sector customers throughout the UK via three delivery depots spread across the North West and Yorkshire and our national partner network.
In 2016 the Craggs Energy Group made over 23,000 deliveries and shipped over 44.8million litres of fuel nationwide. 63% of all orders exceeded the customers delivery requirements.
Over the past 6 years we have been honoured to receive a host of regional and national awards including Newcomer SME of the Year award at the National Apprenticeship Awards, The Sunday Times Fast Track Ones To Watch and Tanker of the Year.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT apprentice to join Craggs Energy growing team. You will be based across the companies two sites in Burnley & Halifax while becoming a focal point of the IT department.
As part of our continued plans for growth, we require a highly organised and disciplined individual to join our team. You will ensure the smooth running of computer hardware, systems and associated processes across the Craggs Group. This will include installing and configuring hardware, software, phones, operational equipment and being one of the primary points of contact for IT support within the Group – training will be provided by both Craggs Energy & Estio.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Set up computers and necessary peripheral devices for new starters and where replacements are required.
• Providing support to users, being the first point of contact for issues and troubleshooting solutions in person and remotely.
• Manage the company ticketing system, prioritising tasks and resolving issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems, ensuring company policies are adhered to.
• Proactively monitor the performance of hardware and software.
• Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
• Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
• Identify computer or network equipment shortages or replacement requirements and obtain authorisation for procurement.
• Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
• Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues identifying any new needs and highlighting these to the Head of Digital.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Full, Clean Driving Licence.
• Some experience of IT support, Windows servers, Microsoft 365 would be a really benefit.
• Good communication skills.
• The ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
• A patient and methodical approach
• Full UK driving licence and own transport.
• Some previous IT experience
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• An understanding of computer systems and networks
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles (GDPR)
• The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
• The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• An awareness of health and safety
• Must be willing to travel to both depots (Lancashire / Yorkshire)
• Reporting to: Head of Digital
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 3 IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship programme.