Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Employer: University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS FT
Furness General Hospital
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Annual wage: Minimum National Wage ie. £8,897 (16-18)
Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Start date: January 2021
To apply click on the link below:
Any questions please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
The NHS has a multi-billion pound budget to deliver an efficient, modern, safe and effective healthcare service to patients. As they go through a period of transformation that sees efficiency savings impacting on their limited resources, they are looking to develop new talent to help deliver this challenge.
1.2 million people make up the NHS workforce with over 350 different careers being split into 15 categories, one of which is Health Informatics, one of the fastest growing areas within healthcare. Across the North West there are over 5,000 staff working in Health Informatics.
The overall purpose of Health Informatics is to enable, promote and support the effective use of data, information, knowledge and technology to assist and improve health and health care delivery.
NHS organisations across the North West recruit apprentices annually on to the Skills Development Network’s Foundation Informatics Apprenticeship.
The programme is currently looking to recruit apprentices offering opportunities to work in IT managing and supporting IT systems, hardware and software ensuring the functionality and accessibility of corporate services, including critical NHS clinical systems essential for the delivery of patient care.
Apprentices should be hardworking, organised individuals who are flexible and willing to learn with a personal interest in IT/Technology.
Further information on the Skills Development Network, the Foundation Informatics Apprenticeship as well as careers in the NHS can be found at www.nhsapprenticeships.com
In this role you will be required to:
- Be the first point of contact for all IT queries, incidents, problems and requests, accurately logging information received by telephone, electronically or in person on the Service Desk system.
- Progress, resolve, update and close call logs.
- Action the resolution of incidents, problems and requests escalating and seeking further advice and information when necessary.
- Escalate and monitor incidents and requests reported to external agencies, suppliers and contractors.
- Provide first and second line support for PCs, peripherals and associated, designated hardware, software and applications.
- Identify and rectify hardware, software and network issues.
- Support the installation and maintenance of PCs (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, mobile devices etc) and all associated peripherals (ie. printers, PDAs), software operating systems and applications software.
- Undertake administration of logon credentials for designated systems/applications.
- Undertake designated operational and data administration tasks for systems / computers.
- Assist with maintaining an up-to-date inventory of hardware and software ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- Receive and process orders for new ICT hardware and software.
- Assist in the selection, development, use and maintenance of hardware and software for use within the PC environment (Desktops, Laptops and peripherals).
- Dispose of redundant equipment in accordance with legislative, national and organisational policy and procedure.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good communication (written and verbal)
- Team working
- Good at problem solving
- Ability to act on own initiative and follow instructions
- Flexible and adaptable
- IT skills
- Keen interest in IT
- Punctual and reliable
- Friendly, outgoing nature
- A professional attitude to work
This opportunity is advertised on a fixed term contract basis due to this being an apprenticeship, the objective of which is to gain a recognised qualification and experience in the workplace. This does not include a guaranteed permanent post with an NHS organisation, however throughout the apprenticeship individuals will be eligible to apply for vacancies within their workplace organisation, subject to the usual recruitment processes, with support being provided to ideally secure a position by completion. The apprenticeship will provide valuable work experience and a qualification that is recognised by employers.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.