Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Workshop Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 Hours
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website – we are still growing. Our company pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
An excellent opportunity exists for the right candidate to join our enthusiastic and dedicated IT Workshop team, providing a service to a wide variety of end users consisting of retail branch, warehouse and Head Office personal as well as home and remote users. The IT Workshop currently consists of 10 full time technicians and 2 part time students, and is a diverse, flexible, professional team working in a fast paced environment.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- regular repairs and maintenance of a wide variety of IT systems, including desktop/laptop hardware, printers, EPOS terminals and related hardware, handheld scanners and many more
- configuration of Cisco networking equipment,
- responsible for the research and development into new technologies
- Carrying out new installations throughout the warehouse, Head Office and remote sites.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Although not essential exposure to the below would be beneficial to your application:
- Intelligent and confident individual with a strong interest in computing
- Able to work well within a team and without direct supervision
- Strong organisational skills
- Diligent and meticulous with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with IT Hardware
- Great communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- The right attitude to progress your IT Career
- An eagerness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.