Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:15-17:15
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Advertising has been through enormous change in the last 10 years when the likes of directory, local radio and papers were the only choices for small and medium enterprises in the UK. This company was founded as these advertising mediums didn’t seem to transition to digital advertising in the way that the SME seemed to be asking for. Businesses were bamboozled with jargon and attention-getting product names that failed to deliver. This company saw the gap in the market and began to build infrastructure, process and skills that enabled them to create products that businesses were calling out for at a price point few could match.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Infrastructure Technician with a Web Designer based in Exeter.
You will be working within a team providing IT support, initially carrying out routine checks and assisting end users to log support tickets. You will quickly progress to providing IT support for the company and using remote support tools.
You will be working with traditional Microsoft server-based systems as well as cloud solutions such as Office 365 and Azure.
You will be joining a dynamic company in a role which will be well mentored and will provide a variety of opportunities to learn. You must be flexible and be able to assist in several areas this will include support, installations and security.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Install, support and service colleagues and customers
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, network and software issues
- Carry out regular checks and processes
- Identify areas for improvement within support
- Strive to improve communication both internally and with clients
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of Microsoft platforms – Office 365 & Azure
- Basic understanding of Networking solutions
- Ability to prioritise tasks and be aware of time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to research and learn new technologies/solutions under pressure
- Importantly, have a clear desire to learn
- Good timekeeping
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.