Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Apprentice IT Infrastructure Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday, shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.50
Salary: £10k p/a.
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This comapny are a fast-growing IT solutions company. Formed in spring 2019 as a collaboration between the two founding partners and some existing business, they have secured a close network of customers. Expansion and a realignment of resources into software projects has led to the opening of a dedicated support role for the business. This apprenticeship aims to give the successful candidate the opportunity to achieve that long-term position within the company.
Estio Training are recruiting for an Infrastructure Technician at an IT solutions company based in Bolton.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Answering support communication from customers, in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Initial troubleshooting of issues and assisting customers’ requests.
- Escalating tickets internally to other team members as appropriate.
- Consult with technical colleagues to resolve complex IT problems and issues.
- Occasionally attending on-site customer projects to assist colleagues.
- Perform desktop support for customers based in and around our office location.
- Preparing IT equipment and services for new users.
- Customer infrastructure administration with routine tasks.
- Documenting customer instructions and internal processes.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good understanding of Microsoft 365 cloud services and Office applications.
- Proficient with Windows 10 setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows Server experience would be advantageous, including filesharing and Active Directory.
- Good understanding of networking principles and device configuration.
- Good understanding of IT security and demonstrate ability to assess risks.
- Programming and database experience would be advantageous to assist in other areas of the business.
- Organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Enthusiasm in computing, IT services and new technologies.
- Ability to work attentively.
- Eager to learn.
- Ability to form good working relationships.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.