Role: Apprentice IT Helpdesk & Technical Support Engineer
Company: Screen Savers PCS
Address: Riverside Works, Bourne Road, Bexley, DA5 1LW
Weekly hours worked: 30 hours p/w split across 4 days
Salary: £170 p/w
Please contact Darcy Greaves on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333.
About the company:
We were set up in 2003 and like to consider ourselves your go-to ‘One-stop-shop’ supplier of IT support services and products, serving small and medium sized businesses. Our service reach is London, Kent and the Home Counties with remote clients in Europe and SE Asia.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Helpdesk & Technical Support Engineer with Screen Savers PCS, a Computer Support Company based in Bexley. In this position you will undergo training to competently provide IT solutions expertise and customer service in support of the Company’s clients.
After apprenticeship qualifications are completed and in the event that your contract is renewed your training will continue and will ultimately enable you to:
• Work on your own initiative and within a team diagnosing and solving technical problems of varying levels of difficulty.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to the company’s clients and your co-workers.
• Identify IT related problems / issues and take remedial action and preventative measures.
• To plan ahead in the installation of new systems, hardware and software.
• To react quickly to system problems and make quick informed decisions and judgments as to appropriate action and apply positive solutions
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Support and contribute to the improved achievement of IT performance through effective customer service.
• Support and contribute to the achievement of effective administration within the IT Department.
• Deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
You will train, maintain and develop your IT skills for the Company’s clients and users with particular regard to the following areas and requirements:
• Windows 10 Desktop Operating Systems.
• Windows 2016/2019 Server environment. Knowledge of Windows Active Directory..
• Maintain and manage network infrastructures including the core switches, cabling, peripheral devices and related equipment.
• Install, configure and maintain clients’ servers and workstations in line with the Company’s standards.
• Work with multiple hardware and software platforms.
• Identify and resolve issues with workstations, operating systems and network infrastructures.
• Complete documentation of all systems processes and related system configurations, cabling and placements.
• Regularly monitor and record server and network performances.
• Maintain current virus protection strategies.
• Maintain and manage an efficient information storage and retrieval system including automated daily back ups.
• Maintain and manage all peripheral devices connected to the network.
• Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of technical services.
• Ensure effective administration support to all departments ensuring quality customer service delivery.
• Attend training sessions and assist in training workshops for clients and their end-users.
• Undertake from time to time, other duties which may not form part of this job description.
Deliver High Level of Customer Satisfaction:
• To ensure excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
• Housekeeping standards are maintained to the Company’s requirements at all times.
• Develop and maintain customer site records for relevant support information.
• Ensure that the Helpdesk is aware of all issues and information regarding sites allocated and falling under your responsibility.
• Attend training sessions and possibly assist in training workshops.
• Provide accurate and creative solutions to client problems to ensure user productivity.
• Assist in the resolution of user and support issues of the Company’s.
• Research, resolve and respond to questions received via telephone calls, emails and site visits in a timely manner and in accordance with Company’s standards.
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
• Log all support calls on the Helpdesk system and keep current and updated information for each call in order for other support users to access when required.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
• Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
• “Hands on” approach and a willingness to learn
• Willingness to research issues and fixes
• Flexible and pro-active approach
• Attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline
• Ability to deal with staff and clients in a courteous, professional and effective manner
• An appreciation of the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
• Flexible about working hours
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills
• IT skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• PC Fundamentals
• Business Processes & Customer Services
• Networking & Architecture
• Mobile & Operating Systems
• Cloud Services
• Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.