Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title: Information Technology Assistant
Employer: CMT Group
Full Address: CMT Equipment, Trident Works, Mulberry Way, DA17 6AN
Weekly Hours Worked: 8.00 – 5.00 (1 hour lunch)
Salary: £14,ooo-16,oook per annum DOE
Please contact Tom at Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
CMT is a forward thinking, young, busy, and fast-growing supplier of PPE, Safety products and tools supplying many sectors including the construction industry.
Our substantial growth over the last 10 years has enabled us to build a strong team, now with over 120 staff. We are now looking to strengthen our management team and bring in more experienced and qualified staff.
As our IT assistant, you’ll be supporting and maintaining internal company infrastructure for 150 staff, as the first point of contact, responding to incidents and where appropriate escalating to the relevant personnel including the IT Manager and/or external resource.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- providing 1st line (helpdesk) technical support to internal team members
- assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or in person
- help to maintain and support all internal infrastructure, hardware, and software
- Basic knowledge of macOS/OSX for users with Macs
- Basic Android knowledge to troubleshoot business mobile devices
- Meeting the needs of employees when completing generic IT support duties
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- You have a strong knowledge and experience working with Windows 10/Server 2019
- You’re aware of the latest updates, trends, software, and hardware in the industry
- You’re flexible and driven by change, in a fast-paced business
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- You’re proactive when working independently, as well as being a positive team player and key contributor
- You’re prepared to take the initiative, be proactive, and take the knocks when tasks aren’t completed by SLA or on schedule
- You have a commercial understanding of business processes, marketing, and sales
- good people person
- time management
- desire to work hard
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.