Level 3 Software Development Technician
Apprentice Database Developer
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £4.15 per hour
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is the multi award-winning technology leader in infrastructure-sharing RF solutions, enabling many of the world’s largest network operators to achieve maximum data throughput and capacity for their cell sites and achieve significant CAPEX and OPEX savings through its unique RF technologies. If you are a network operator looking to overlay new wireless technologies onto existing infrastructure, or share network equipment with other operators, this companies innovative range of RF solutions [including TMAs, combiners and RF routers] will help you achieve this in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Apprentice Database Developer with a telecommunications company based in Shipley.
The Database Developer Apprentice is responsible for supporting the company wide database for collection and collation of data used to improve the performance of the company. Working with the existing developer team to help establishing new processes and systems that enhance and improve on the company’s overall IT capability to drive forwards management of costs and productivity to World Class levels.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Develop Control Panel to specifications provided by clients
- Liaise with clients to ensure their requirements are achievable and provide project updates.
- Deliver fully tested and documented solutions
- Provide de-bug and corrective actions to Control Panel
- Provide essential support and maintain near to 100% up-time, liaising with essential IT core team in support of all functions for Control Panel
- Support problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Programming – preferably PHP, OOP
- Database knowledge, table design, SQL queries
- Good time-keeping
- Attention to detail
- Good communicator
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.