Level 3 Data Technician
Title: Junior Reporting / Data Analyst
Company: Troy UK
Full Address: Skypark 1 Tiger Moth Road, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, England, EX5 2FW
Weekly Hours Worked: 8:30am to 5pm (Mon – Fri)
Salary: £10K-£12K DOE
Please contact Tom Lindley on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Troy has become the UK’s leading group of independent distributors of industrial and tooling supplies. We work in partnership with market-leading manufacturers and specialist suppliers to ensure you have high-quality products at highly competitive prices – and all the services and support you need to get them in front of the right customers. Our team is made up of experienced professionals that have worked at all levels, from supply chain to existing membership, giving us a greater insight, and understanding into the challenges of being an independent distributor in today’s environment.
Troy UK keeps a close eye on the market and cutting-edge technology to be on the bleeding edge of data insight. We continually invest in IT solutions with MS Dynamics AX supporting back office and further investments in Big Data & Ecommerce solutions.
Brief job description:
Estio have an exciting opportunity to join the UK’s leading group of independent distributors of industrial and tooling supplies. This is the perfect opportunity for a Data Technician to join Troy’s growing data team.
This is a newly created position to assist the Data & Quality Analyst with Data extraction and Report building for the Troy Group. Ensuring requests are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Become part of the Data team delivering Reporting / Data to all areas of the business.
• Develop understanding of various complex data models.
• Report extraction and summarisation
• Assist in reporting optimisation.
• Dealing with day-to-day data requestsQualifications:
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Self-motivated and can work autonomously (after a period of induction).
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to translate data clearly to stakeholders.
• Good organisation skills
• Good time management
• Comfortable reviewing and analysing data
• Has an interest in technology.
Systems and software:
• Microsoft Ax
• Power BI
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• Microsoft Teams
• Demonstrates enthusiasm for the role.
• Demonstrates professionalism.
• Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people.
• Ability to adapt when under pressure.
• Ability to create reports and graphs.
• Demonstrates patience and empathy towards other people.
• Ability to effectively gain a level of trust from internal stakeholders.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Ability to work part of a team and on own initiative.
• Willingness to learn new things and develop own skillset is
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Introduction to Data Theory
• Excel Data Fundamentals
• Excel Handling Data & Pivot Tables
• Power Bi Fundamentals
• Databases & SQL Foundation
• SQL in Practice
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.