Level 4 Data Analyst x 2
Apprenticeship Title-Trainee Data Analyst x 2
Weekly Hours worked-37 hour week, Monday-Friday, 18 month fixed term contract
Salary- £17,842 per annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Based in central Doncaster, working for this company who support Doncaster and the local boroughs providing services to the community.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Trainee Data Analyst with a company based in central Doncaster.
To undertake a Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship within the Policy Insight and Change Team. This will involve utilising a range of analytical and ICT skills and tools providing quality data and performance information to the organisation. To support this, the apprenticeship will provide the opportunity to learn new skills in a range of analytical tools used to undertake different types of analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
1.Supporting the collection, analysis and reporting on various areas of policy, partnership and research work
- Develop skills through training and support to enable a high quality analytical function to support the management, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating of data.
- Supporting the team utilising a range of analytical skills to interrogate and interpret data
- Utilising tools and techniques to support data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- Assisting in summarising and presenting the results of data analysis to a range of audiences
- Undertake training in order to learn excellent IT skills, especially within analytical packages such as ARC, SQL, advanced Excel and other reporting systems.
- Through training develop a clear understanding around technical knowledge and understanding, such as data protection and data quality.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- 3 A-levels A-C including at least one STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths-related subjects) or equivalent (NVQ/SVQ Level 3, or a BTEC National).
- Experience of working with IT systems
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Ability to undertake research, analyse and collate information
- The ability to handle and manipulate data and information
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent aptitude for learning
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Data Analysis Tools
- Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analytics Software
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.