Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Cyber Security Technologist Apprentice
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is unlike any other law firm. Nationally acclaimed, with a strong international capability, it offers a broad range of legal services to national and international organisations and institutions, small and medium-sized businesses and private individuals.
This company is the 11th largest law firm in the UK with one of the five largest Private Wealth teams in the country, operating out of 15 UK offices.
It currently employs over 3,000 people, including over 1,000 legally trained personnel and has helped over one million clients in its 100 year history.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Technologist with a large law firm in Manchester.
As part of the Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeship, you’ll help to detect and defend against cyber threats. You’ll also develop an understanding of fundamental cyber security theory, techniques, risk analysis and law.
You’ll focus on the theory, but more importantly, you’ll get real world experience with practical, hands-on learning. You’ll also learn a lot about teamwork and be at the cutting edge of modern cyber security.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting with our Security Operations Centre and Cyber Threat Intelligence capability to pro-actively detect malicious activity and cyber-risk
- Helping with the development of policies and guides
- Assisting with security training and awareness, including phishing simulation testing
- Conducting threat assessments and penetration tests
- Cyber-risk management work
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good all round technical knowledge of IT systems and networking
- Good all round technical knowledge of information security concepts and cyber threats
- A passion for technology and cybersecurity
- Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm and creativity
- Highly motivated individual with the drive to learn and succeed
- Ability to read and absorb complex information from various sources (books, online)
- Able to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence
- Confident working with technology
This role is perfect for someone with passion and drive to learn with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Someone who is not afraid of hard work and strives to impress!
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Network & Digital Communications Theory
- Security Case Development & Design Good Practice
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.