Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Cyber Security Apprentice
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours p/w
Salary: £10,000 per annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the Company:
This company is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Apprentice with an Expert Cyber Security Company, based in Leeds.
In this role you will join a team of experts to provide proactive monitoring and reporting, monitoring your equipment to ensure maximum availability and responding to calls to support change requests and help to diagnose system issues.
Your key responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting the SOC Security Analysts to monitor global IDS, Network Intruder, Firewall, DDoS detection and mitigation, availability and SIEM platforms looking for potential threats, vulnerabilities and indicators of compromise.
- Assisting the SOC Security Analysts with analysis, incident remediation and prevention documentation and recommendations to customers based on defined procedures and analyst experience.
- Assisting SOC Teams such as Security Analysts, Engineers and Threat Intelligence on day to day SOC tasks.
- Running SOC administrative tasks such as service reporting and ticket escalations.
- Reporting and documentation related to security monitoring procedures.
- Being responsible for adhering to all internal policy and procedures in relation to security and quality best practice.
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background who is able to demonstrate a passion for network security related subjects, including but not limited to; infrastructure penetration testing, web application security testing and vulnerability research. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and be able to build professional rapports.
This role is perfect for someone with passion and drive to learn with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Someone who is not afraid of hard work and strives to impress!
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to learn
- A keen interest in the Cyber Security field
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Knowledge of basic security concepts
- Experience in a customer facing role
- An excellent telephone manner
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Security Case Development and Design Good Practice
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.