Level 4 Software Tester
Job Title: Apprentice Software Tester
Full address: 51 Lever St, Manchester, M1 1FN
Weekly Hours Worked: 9am-5.30pm with an hour for lunch
Salary: £10,000 – £12,000 per annum dependant on experience
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the Company
NQC is a global leader in supply chain risk management software, providing world class online solutions and data insights to global industry and governments. At NQC, our diverse, multi-lingual and multi-skilled team reflects the global nature of the clients and industries which we serve. We are looking for talented Software Testers to join our Technical and Development Team and to help us to drive our technology forwards.
Purpose of role
The Technology and Development Team are responsible for the successful ongoing development of our solutions, ensuring that they meet required security standards and technology protocols and offer clients the highest quality of user experience, service availability and security.
The Technical and Development Team supports the development and ongoing support of our solutions through the provision of system and web development, support and maintenance and internal information technology and communication services.
The Software Tester will be responsible for the successful end to end testing of our solutions prior to deployment into production environments. They will also be responsible for investigating bugs, issues and problems that may be identified in the production environments.
The Software Tester is required to undertake the following responsibilities as part of their day to day activities:
- Robust testing of systems prior to implementation in accordance with testing and acceptance methodologies as may be required;
- To produce technical procedures and documentation for the applications including user guides;
- To develop and maintain test scripts in accordance with testing and acceptance methodologies;
- To investigate and reproduce bugs, issues and problems that may be identified and manage the corrections of these through to resolution;
- To undertake other testing or technology related tasks as may be reasonably required.
- Test and ensure the quality and resilience of all software delivered by the Development Team using structured processes and methodologies.
- To test work as it is being developed by the team, and also validate new versions of the software from both an end user perspective, and from a performance perspective for deployment within our hosted environments.
In addition to the key role responsibilities outlined above, all staff are required to undertake the following responsibilities in adherence with company policies:
- Be an ambassador for the company at all times;
- Maintain a high quality of communications internally and externally;
- Carry out any reasonable job-related task requested;
- Implement and act in accordance with companies information security policies;
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- Execute responsibilities in line with security processes or policies;
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation;
- Adherence at all times to confidentiality clauses set out in employment contract particularly with regards to the handling of sensitive data and information;
- Attend training courses provided by the company and maintain awareness and adherence to company policies and processes;
- Adhere to all company policies included within the Employee Handbook in particular the Code of Business Ethics, the Equality and Diversity Policy, the Health & Safety Policy, Internet and Email Policy and other asset related policies.
Key Competencies /Skills
- Persuades, influences and listens to other, using reason and co-operation to reach agreement;
- Communicates and receives ideas, views and information to achieve understanding;
- Gathers and analyses information from a range of sources to identify problems and issues in order to make effective decisions;
- Supports team members and builds relationships to achieve common goals’
- Is consistently motivated, committed and able to perform duties in all situations;
- Strong general IT skills
- Working knowledge of Office suite of applications (word and excel in particular)
- Well presented, articulate and confident with strong inter-personal skills.
- Sound time management and prioritisation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to accommodate different personalities and skills within that team.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Interpersonal, written, communication and organizational skills are required to interact with customers and peers.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- All employees have access to Perkbox which includes; 24 hour employee assistance, discounted gym memberships, free cinema tickets etc. We are also signed up to Perkbox Medical which allows employees to have free online GP appointments via video call.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.