Job role: Front End Web Developer
Company: Pearl Scan
Location: 41 Carnarvon St, Cheetham Hill, Manchester M3 1EZ
Hours worked weekly: 37.5
Salary: £4.30 per hour
Please contact Ciara Glynn on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Pearl Scan is the UK’s leading provider of outsourced document scanning, data extraction and document management solutions. Founded in 2003 and headquarters in central Manchester, has worked with a number of world-recognised clients including BskyB, BAE Systems, Manchester City Council, AIG and the NHS, helping each to streamline their workload, maximise productivity and transform their physical output into easy-to-manage digital assets.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Front End Web Developer with Pearl Scan Group a Digital Document Management Company based in Manchester.
The role of the front-end developer will be to have a general responsibility to ensure that our website visitors can easily interact with pages. You would be required to do this through the combination of design, technology and programming to code a website’s appearance, as well as taking care of debugging.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Manage content, graphics and code
• Develop and manage SEO strategies
• Coordinate with internal and external team members
• Assist in system administration
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Ability to write content
• Experience in web design, graphic design and typography
• Experience in web authoring and building interactive animations and graphics
• Willingness to learn new skills and frameworks as required
• Positive Attitude
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Good Time and Task Management
• Quick Learning Ability
• Deep and Broad Technical Experience
• Good Team Player and Big-Picture Focus.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• Software Development Fundamentals
• Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.