Title: Apprentice IT Support Technician
Company: Geodis Freight Forwarding
Offices: 145 Faggs Road, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 0LZ
Salary: £16K – £18K DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00am-5.30pm, 37.5 hours per week
Please contact Josh Ankers on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
GEODIS’ vision is to be the growth partner for its clients. As a logistics company, we achieve this through proven expertise across our five lines of business: Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport. Our emphasis on excellence in these areas has made us a worldwide supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints.
In today’s fast moving global economy, we are the growth partner for a large and diverse set of customers. With over 41,000 people in 67 countries around the globe, we design and deliver tailored solutions to solve complex and often unique problems. When you join GEODIS, you are joining an international team of diverse and passionate experts, committed to sustainably tackling the daily transport and logistics challenges of their clients…and ensuring that they succeed.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support technician to join Geodis Freight Forwarding’ growing service desk team. Geodis believe in nurturing talent and giving real responsibility early.
If you work at GEODIS, you will be pro-actively engaged in today’s environmental, social and societal challenges and the ones that lie ahead. This philosophy is part of our identity and is shared by all employees of the Group.
In this role, you will offer support and technical assistance to users who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and access to their computers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Responding to queries via chat, email, phone and helpdesk software.
• Providing technical assistance for questions and problems.
• Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems, local or centrally managed.
• Diagnosing system errors and other issues.
• Following up with users to ensure full resolution of issues.
• Installing or changing software to fix issues.
• Accessing hardware or software for users to make changes and fix problems.
• Troubleshoot and fix computer, software and other hardware related issues in line with recognized SLA’s.
• Manage Daily Back-ups ensuring tape cycle is maintained and backup tapes are rotated as per the Geodis Standards.
• Maintain printers, ordering toner and consumable items to keep them running.
• Ordering any hardware and software as needed.
• Good knowledge of Windows OS, Networking Fundamentals, Active Directory, Citrix, Microsoft 365, ITSM would be beneficial
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Able and willing to learn with a desire to build your skill set.
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Implementation of Best Practice Standards
• Work within Company Tidy Desk Policy
• Work within QA Policy
• A patient and tolerant attitude
• Desire to strive for continuing professional development
• Commitment to consistently high personal and Company standards.
• A fundamental knowledge of IT hardware and Software essential.
• Knowledge of MS excel & access.
• Good communication skills.
• Good troubleshooting skills.
• Good standard of numeric and literacy skills.
• Communication and Organisation Skills.
• Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting Ability.
• Good level of interpersonal skills with all levels of personnel.
• Education up to “A” level or equivalent standard.
The role offers a guaranteed position following successful completion of the programme.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• PC Fundamentals
• Business Processes & Customer Services
• Networking & Architecture
• Mobile & Operating Systems
• Cloud Services
• Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.