Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
1st Line Support Apprentice
First Floor, Oceana House, Commercial Rd, Southampton SO15 1GA
8:30 AM – 5 PM, Mon-Fri
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
The AVASK Group is made up of a number of companies, all of whom offer accountancy, business consultancy and indirect taxation services throughout the world. AVASK Accounting & Business Consultants Ltd operates its main headquarters in Southampton, UK and the team are a made up of young, and dynamic people focused on providing e-commerce businesses with innovative, proactive solutions to help improve their ability to adapt to the ever-changing global marketplaces.
We work with the most outstanding and proactive individuals to deliver excellent value for more than 10,000 e-commerce sellers and companies in over 50 countries. We are known for our drive and ambition and for delivering clear and simple advice, often devising new strategies that will ensure business growth and development.
To ensure our continued growth throughout the world, we are looking for a bright, outgoing and enthusiastic apprentice to join our well-established internal IT team, to support our businesses located in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA. This new apprentice should be passionate about IT and want to start a long and rewarding career with a company that is going places.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an 1st Line Support Apprentice with AVASK Group, an accountancy and business consultancy business based in Southampton.
AVASK are looking for a bright, outgoing IT enthusiast with a lively personality to provide first line helpdesk support to internal staff ranging from the UK, USA and China.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To provide 1st line technical support, answering support queries via phone, Ticketing system, email and in person
- To support users remotely
- To Install network systems
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support
- To take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the call logging system, and to keep call logs up to date
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- Configure Hardware as required
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths and ICT/Computing)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Willingness to research issues and fixes
- Flexible and pro-active approach
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline
- Ability to deal with staff in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- An appreciation of the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Flexible about working hours
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Clean driving licence (not essential but beneficial)
- Own transport (not essential but beneficial)
- IT enthusiast
- Forward/progressive thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Lively and outgoing personality
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position within the company. AVASK offers clear lines of progression and the right candidate will progress their career and will be provided other opportunities to grow with the business, including additional qualifications.
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship programme.