Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: 1st line Support Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 35 hours per week all year round
Salary: £175 per week
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 0113 350 0333
About the company:
This company is relentless in its drive to provide outstanding education in a secure learning environment for all learners.
We are a not-for-profit organization with the aim of providing quality support and challenge to ensure outstanding outcomes for all learners in our schools.
We are fully committed to ensuring that all learners in all our schools regardless of their background or starting points achieve their true potential.
Our school improvement model is bespoke, recognizing that just as every single learner is unique so are our schools and communities.
By working together, aligned in our vision, values, trust and commitment there really is nothing we cannot achieve.
Brief job description:
This is a great opportunity to work within a collection of schools that make up the trust. Your role will be to offer IT support working in the schools that make up the Trust, you will support colleagues and customers with IT support, hardware and software updates.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software incidents/problems, via email and phone.
- Incident and problem management.
- Provide exceptional service support to the business.
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and problems.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Install, maintain and support new hardware and software.
- Prioritising and managing several open cases and mini projects at one time.
- Establishing a good working relationship with the business and third party’s.
- Supporting users on both hardware and software applications.
- Basic administration of active directory including creating user accounts, password resets etc.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Network trouble shooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/LAN troubleshooting.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Exchange / Active Directory administration.
- Windows 7 / 10.
- iOS / Android.
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to file, retrieve, sort and complete documents accurately
- Able to process documentation using Word
- Able to accurately enter/retrieve data information from information systems
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Able to prioritise work tasks to meet conflicting deadlines
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Team Player
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.