Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Support 1st line
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 pw
Salary: £9,000 – £11,000
Please contact Gemma on Gemma.Wallis@estio.co.uk or call 01213121708
About the company:
This company is a privately-owned company with its head office based in Birmingham. The company came into existence because of the belief and passion of individuals who strive to deliver high class bespoke solutions demanded by todays IT trends. Our business is built on the ethos of transparency and honesty within the company and with our clients. The practices and processes we have adopted are built on clear communication and collaboration honed over many years of experience.
Our success comes from employees who possess many years of experience backed up by professional competencies. We’re partners with some of the biggest names in the industry such as Dell, HP and we are a Microsoft Approved Education Partner.
This company provides a range of IT solutions tailored to the needs of private, public and third sector organisations – from troubleshooting, adhoc advice and guidance on your IT strategy to complete management of your IT. We have consultants and technicians based in Birmingham and around the country. We pride ourselves in the customer satisfaction feedback we receive based on the products and high standard of services we deliver. Should you wish to speak to any of our current customers to take up references please do not hesitate to contact us.
We want to work with you to firstly fully understand your requirements and expectations from IT in your organisation and then build on that by resolving any issues you may currently have so that we can concentrate on the positive impact IT can have deliver. Our success is based on our reputation for providing expert and unbiased advice which, when translated into an actual solution, makes complete business sense, is fit for purpose and future proofed.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a 1st line support apprentice with an IT Department, based in Birmingham. You will be working with clients of the company to help resolve issues for clients.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of: This is a great opportunity to work within a fast paced, dynamic environment. Working in a small team you will support colleagues and customers with IT support.
- Work with clients to understand details of faults
- Resolving faults and explaining to the client the work you have carried out
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Fixing and maintaining equipment such as printers, laptops, PC’s and tablets
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices
- Recording problems within CRM systems so that task histories can be reviewed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Identify the need for system and equipment updates
- To co-ordinate and provide prioritised technical support and advice to clients
- To assist in the design, implementation and configuration of IT systems at client sites
- To ensure adequate arrangements are in place for the security of data, systems and hardware
- To respond without delay to clients IT needs and issues
- To successfully complete relevant college training and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly sometimes outside of core hours, in response to service demands
- To manage time effectively and achieve targets and deadlines
- To maintain an awareness of new and innovative technologies
- To perform such other tasks as may reasonably be required by the company Directors
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company Equal Opportunities Policy
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
Skills Required IT Literate, Excellent Communication Skills, Ability to demonstrate initiative
Personal qualities: Reliable, Trustworthy, Enthusiastic, Team Player
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.