Functional Skills Trainer – Leeds
Are you an experienced Functional Skills Trainer looking for your next opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Functional Skills Trainer to join them on a temporary basis based in their Leeds office. As a Functional Skills Trainer you will be responsible for supporting the Functional Skills Lead with the training and delivery of functional skills in English and Maths.
The role will be on an initial temporary basis for 12 months with the view to becoming permanent.
- Teaching remote or face to face 1-2-1 sessions and group workshops.
- Working with students to design a tailored Functional Skills learning plan to suit their individual needs.
- Preparing innovative teaching materials.
- Using teaching resources, worksheets and IT to get the best out of learners.
- Carrying out marking, administrative tasks and keeping accurate records.
- Collating and sending Functional Skills reports to the Quality Manager.
- Managing a caseload of learners around Functional Skills and working closely with their dedicated Skills Coaches.
- Supporting the Quality Manager and Functional Skills Lead around the Functional Skills strategy.
If you are interested in applying, we are looking for someone who has:
- A positive and proactive approach to training.
- The ability to encourage and drive excellence.
- Ability to identify and help learners to overcome potential barriers to progress and achieve.
- Ability to mentor others.
- Ability to demand high standards and set the bar through a consistent and high-quality personal approach.
- Proficient competency around MS Office packages (including MS Word & Excel).
It is essential that the right person has the following skills:
- Strong organisational, communication and report writing.
- Strong administration.
- Strong planning and problem-solving.
- 5 GCSE’s at grade A-C.
- At least a PTLLS Qualification or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Level 3 Qualified in Functional Skills English and Maths or equivalent qualification.
Level 5 qualification in either Maths or English is desirable.
Estio is an award-winning apprenticeship training provider, specialising in digital and IT skills. Over the last 12 months, we’ve experienced significant growth, increasing the number of apprentices learning with us to over 1,200 and expanding our sites to four locations nationwide covering Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and London. Backed by a social impact fund, we champion sustainable delivery of apprenticeships and strive to shape an environmentally conscious use of technology in business.
As a passionate and determined team of over 200 people, we’re on a journey to make a big difference. Our vision is to create a future with IT skills for everyone, in every business, across the digital nation. With an increasingly challenging digital skill gap developing across the UK, it’s never been more important to break down the barriers to learning and create an opportunity for all to gain skills in what now forms a fundamental part of the work landscape.
We know that at the heart of what we do is our people, and we promote a united and inclusive approach to working together in an environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and listen to those of others. With continued growth on the horizon, we’re committed to helping our people grow with us and, in their own way, shape our future as we strive to achieve our vision.