Financial Accountant – Leeds (part-time)
Are you a qualified Accountant who is looking to work on part-time basis?
We are on the hunt for an Accountant to join our team, we are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for accountancy. Are you an Accountant who would like to work for an organisation where you can make a difference, then this role may be the ideal opportunity for you?
As an Accountant you will be responsible for transactional finance including taking a leading role in the month end close process.
This position will be 3 days per week with flexibility around days and hours worked with a pro rata salary of £30-50,000.
If you are interested in applying, then we are looking for someone who as:
- Experience of working in a Finance function within an SME organisation.
- Experience of posting journals and General Ledger maintenance.
- Experience of performing balance sheet reconciliations and basic financial controls.
- Exposure to credit control/accounts payable.
It is essential that the right person has the following skills:
- Proactive, take ownership of tasks and continuously improve process.
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- interpret data for reporting functionality
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail.
- Assisting with general ledger production including posting monthly journals
- Calculation and management of key costs such as commissions and bonuses
- Balance sheet reconciliations including prepayments and accruals
- Prepare variance analysis to budget/prior periods
- Daily bank reconciliations and invoice processing.
- Credit control
- Accounts payable including preparing monthly payment run
- Assist in month end and year end close process including annual audit
- Support Operations personnel and Financial Controller with ad-hoc queries and reporting
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
We’re a multi-award-winning specialist provider of digital and tech apprenticeships, passionate about creating opportunity for anyone wanting a successful career in IT. From new talent just starting their career to experienced talent taking it to the next level, we believe everyone has the potential to be excellent. That’s why we strive to create it every day. Over 1,200 apprentices learn with us each year, building the ever-growing digital knowledge and skills required by today’s employers. Using a personalised and supportive training approach, our team of Industry expert trainers, work hand-in-hand with learners to meet their individual learning needs and create a technology-led and interactive learning experience. Across our group of nationwide training centres in Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and London, we’re committed to one thing – making a difference. Whether that’s for our learners, employers or each other, it’s our united and inclusive approach that makes it happen. It’s where our strength comes from.
We have one purpose. We build skills for better futures.